Artificial Intelligence is the intelligence demonstrated by machines, in contrast to the natural intelligence displayed by humans and animals. It’s truly inspiring to see how much has technology leapfrogged from what it was 50 years ago. AI makes it possible to perform human tasks if they have abundant information relating to the world. If we talk about AI in education sector,it can automate grading, giving educators more time. AI can assess students and adapt to their needs, helping them work at their own pace. AI tutors can provide additional support to students,ensuring they stay on track.
Well in order to make your career in AI, there are certain skills and abilities that are required to be inculcated within oneself. Working with artificial intelligence requires an analytical thought process and the ability to solve problems with cost-effective, efficient solutions. Additionally,AI specialists need technical skills to design,maintain, repair technology and develop programs. However, the educational requirements for making a career in AI is basic computer technology&math. The entry level positions require at least a bachelor’s degree while positions entailing supervision or administrative roles require a master’s degree.
The coursework involves study of engineering,robotics,programming language and cognitive science theory. And to fulfill all these requirements “What after college” is one stop solution where they organize plethora of events,workshops,summer training programs where the students can enhance their skills,connect with experts and share their stories on the same platform. A career in AI can be realized within a variety of settings include private companies,public organizations, education and military. However, the sample careers would include:
- AI/machine learning researcher: Research improvements to machine learning algorithms. In some cases, research ways of applying it to new domains. Usually you have got a PhD in the area for these jobs.
- AI software development,including program management& test: Developing the systems and infrastructure that can apply machine learning to an input data set. This is just like any other software engineering position. You can get these jobs with a bachelor’s in a related field (e.g. computer science) though it’s good to have some understanding of machine learning and AI and good math skills.
- Data Mining&Analysis: This is deep investigation of large data sources, and often creating and training systems to recognize patterns in them. A PhD in a related field is not usual, but again I have seen people with bachelor’s degree doing it.
- Machine Learning Applications: This is applying a machine learning or AI framework to a specific problem in a different domain. for example, applying machine learning to gesture recognition, ad analysis or fraud detection. If you are already working in the target area,you can do this with a little guidance from someone familiar with the framework you want to use.
Even though Artificial intelligence programmers are hirable with only bachelor’s degree,many AI programmers receive a master’s degree or doctorate in robotic engineering.Because of the experience required for entry and upper level positions,the average robotic engineer can expect to make an annual salary of more than $90000
Scope of AI
The ultimate effort is to make computer programs that can solve problems and achieve goals in the world as well as humans. There is a scope in developing the machines in game playing, speech recognition machine, language detection machine, computed vision, expert systems, robotics&many more.
People often farrago Artificial learning and machine learning as one.However, there’s a difference between these two terms
Difference between Artificial intelligence &machine learning difference
A surprising number of companies are building machine learning and/or artificial intelligence features into their products. Many of them are relying on their existing engineering teams-rather than special research departments-to bring AI experience to the table. So keep in mind that experience with the AI space is becoming a differentiator in employer minds and could help you land that awesome job.
One related trend is the continuing emergence of roles that blends AI skills with something traditional software engineers are very familiar with deploying software in a production environment. In our research,we saw quite a few companies looking for engineers specifically to help productionize and deploy AI systems. We expect to see this category grow as more companies roll out-AI powered functionality.
Moreover, there are certain universities that are offering courses in artificial intelligence:
Universities offering artificial intelligence courses in India:
- IIT Bombay
- IIT Kharagpur
- IIT Hyderabad
- IIT Madras
Universities offering Artificial intelligence course in abroad:
- University of Southern California
- University of California
- Georgia Institute of Technology
- California Institute of Technology
- New Jersey Institute of Technology
Right from its inception till the present day,AI continues to advance and improve the quality of life across multiple industry settings.As a result, those with the skills to translate digital bits of information into the meaningful human experiences will find a career in artificial intelligence to be sustaining and rewarding.