Trade-Ideas LLC identified Cooper Companies ( COO) as a post-market leader candidate. In addition to specific proprietary factors, Trade-Ideas identified Cooper Companies as such a stock due to the following factors:
- COO has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $62.2 million.
- COO is up 2.5% today from today’s close.
More details on COO:
The Cooper Companies, Inc. operates as a medical device company worldwide. The stock currently has a dividend yield of 0%. COO has a PE ratio of 33.6. Currently there are 8 analysts that rate Cooper Companies a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 3 rate it a hold.
The average volume for Cooper Companies has been 413,400 shares per day over the past 30 days. Cooper Companies has a market cap of $8.6 billion and is part of the health care sector and health services industry. The stock has a beta of 0.19 and a short float of 4.7% with 5.92 days to cover. Shares are up 9.7% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Thursday.
TheStreet Quant Ratings rates Cooper Companies as a buy. The company’s strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its revenue growth, solid stock price performance, good cash flow from operations, expanding profit margins and largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had sub par growth in net income.
Highlights from the ratings report include:
- The revenue growth came in higher than the industry average of 0.8%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues slightly increased by 9.9%. This growth in revenue does not appear to have trickled down to the company’s bottom line, displayed by a decline in earnings per share.
- Compared to its closing price of one year ago, COO’s share price has jumped by 34.99%, exceeding the performance of the broader market during that same time frame. Regarding the stock’s future course, although almost any stock can fall in a broad market decline, COO should continue to move higher despite the fact that it has already enjoyed a very nice gain in the past year.
- Net operating cash flow has increased to $79.84 million or 16.43% when compared to the same quarter last year. The firm also exceeded the industry average cash flow growth rate of -10.86%.
- The gross profit margin for COOPER COMPANIES INC is currently very high, coming in at 70.78%. It has increased from the same quarter the previous year. Regardless of the strong results of the gross profit margin, the net profit margin of 13.74% trails the industry average.
- The current debt-to-equity ratio, 0.56, is low and is below the industry average, implying that there has been successful management of debt levels. Although the company had a strong debt-to-equity ratio, its quick ratio of 0.76 is somewhat weak and could be cause for future problems.